Children's Ministry Director
Remnant Westside Church (RWC) is a 19-year-old church in the heart of midtown, NYC. RWC is affiliated with Acts Ministries international which is a global community of churches seeking to model the spirituality, vision, and partnership exemplified in the book of Acts. We are committed to developing disciples of Christ within our churches and spreading the gospel message through church planting and missions.
The Children’s Ministry Director will lead and direct the Children’s Ministries of RWC, developing and overseeing programs that help kids grow into healthy followers of Jesus. This includes developing weekly programs and equipping volunteers to provide a safe environment for our children.
The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for and experience with leading a children's ministry across age levels and strong knowledge of the Bible. He/She would possess qualities necessary for this position such as spiritual maturity, flexibility, strong organizational and communication skills. This role would report into the Lead Pastor
Sunday Service Responsibilities
● Work with and oversee teachers and volunteers to implement lessons, activities, and supervision for all classes during Sunday services
● Oversee set up and tear down, and recruit volunteers to help
● Ministry target children (1 years old to 13 years old) – 20 children total
Leadership and Volunteer Development
● Recruit and equip volunteers to teach/serve in the Children’s ministry
● Fill absentee volunteer positions through recruitment, background checks, assigning roles, training, creating name tags, etc.
● Coordinate and collaborate with parents
● Create/organize curriculum for Sunday classes
● Maintain current records and databases for volunteer contact information, applications, and background checks through Planning Center
● Purchase any ministry supplies as needed
● Oversee Children’s Ministry budget, recording expenditures, and filing requests annually
Anticipated commitments & benefits
● Participate in monthly leader meetings
● Time commitment, 10 - 20 hours per week
● Paid position, yearly salary ranging from $30,000 - $40,000